Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Prospects?



There haven't been many. I did meet a man a little over a week ago at the local bookstore that I frequent to work and write this here blog.

I had seen him there before, but I'm a little too shy to approach a man without copious amounts of alcohol running through my veins. So the second time, I saw him there, I caught him looking my way. Yep, I was in his sites! Unfortunately, he wasn't alone, and he was waaaay across the cafe. The guy sitting at his table finally made his exit. Miraculously, the table next to me became available at the very same time. Imagine that! Bookstore Boy made his way to it, and tried to start a conversation with me even though I was jamming to my iPod. Our conversation consisted of mostly small talk and silly sarcastic humor, and I had to leave soon to meet a friend for dinner. Before I packed up my belongings, Bookstore Boy slipped me his phone number on a napkin. Score!!

I waited the obligatory two days and made the initial call. He immediately asked me out for that upcoming Saturday. I told him that I may be out of town, as that was the weekend that Stalker and I were thinking about our little getaway. Of course, I didn't tell him about Stalker. We decided that we would get together on Sunday, if I got back early enough.

Soooo...when I did call on Sunday, I got his voicemail. When my girlfriend hit me up for lunch and shopping, I didn't hesitate. It's a good thing too, because Bookstore Boy didn't return my call until hours later. Again, we rescheduled for Monday evening, and I told him I would call him when I got home from work. I called. Again...voicemail. After a couple hours (around 7:30 PM), he sent me a text telling me that he was working on his paper* and he was thinking we could get together later that night. Um...later would be a little too late on a school night for a teacher! I then suggested that maybe the weekend would be a better time for us to connect, and he agreed. We had a brief phone conversation earlier this evening, and he wasn't exactly giving off the warm and fuzzy vibe. He seemed absolutely uninterested in anything I had to say, but he did explain that he had had a bad day. He did ask me when I would be at the bookstore again, but I really couldn't give an answer because my workdays are crazy. I'm beginning to wonder if Bookstore Boy is even worth the effort.

* Bookstore Boy is in school, working on his MBA.

4 comments:

Little Miss Angry said...

if i have to reschedule more than twice, i usually loose interest. but then again, it also depends on how cute he is ;)

Plentymorefishoutofwater said...

Eek, your relationship with Bookstore Boy is strikingly similarly to mine with Sandwich Shop girl...good luck, and great blogging
plentymorefishoutofwater.blogspot.com/

lisaq said...

Yeah. Seems a little on the flaky side to me!

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

I'd lose the number. I'm okay with 1 reschedule, but after that I'm done. Flaky doesn't look good on anyone.