Saturday, September 27, 2008

New Guy


Last weekend I received an email from a man I met on a dating website about a year or so ago. He and I talked on the phone a couple times but never met live and in person. Somehow along the way, we lost touch. I didn't really have time to know if I liked or disliked him, as we never gave it a chance. And I haven't a clue as to why we stopped speaking.

When I checked my email, I was shocked to see his name. He just told me that he had thought of me and was wondering if I remember him. I did, as he was handsome and very nice. It was just the timing of it all, because I had the FWB and a hectic schedule. I emailed him back, and eventually we spoke on the phone Thursday*. It was a nice 2 hour conversation. We talked more that one night than we did in a few phone calls combined a year ago! New Guy is a college football fan like myself, so we made a plan to get together for some football watching and beer drinking...nothing like a Fall Saturday!!

But my health had other plans this Saturday. Yep, I woke up with one of those headaches bright and early. I don't have any migraine medicine!! Oh God, the pain! I spent my morning nursing my aching head and now feel hungover and exhausted. Did I mention they wipe me out for 12-24 hours? When New Guy called, I was in no shape to be witty, cute, and charming. We had to postpone until tomorrow. :(

*I missed the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy for this! Thank goodness for www.abc.com!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well congrats with the "new guy"! i'm sorry your pains got in the way of plans but hopefully tomorrow works out!

ooh grey's, it was amazing! you will love it!

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

Good luck!

The Angel and Demon Within said...

I hope Sunday works out. I didn't watch the game. I came home and went to bed. :(

I can't believe you didn't watch the show! I tried calling you to talk to you about some of the things. OMG that kiss... Let me know when you do watch it.

Call me after your appt. on Monday. Love You!

Anonymous said...

OOOOOOOOH New Guy sounds cool. Hope you're feeling better and you have a good time today! Call me too after your appt. on Monday. Glad you like your St. Joseph! Surrrprriiiisssee!!! LOL

jo said...

oh man that sucks... but i'm glad that you have a new guy in your life so to speak. hopefully you guys get that date...

Anonymous said...

Awww...that sucks! I'm sorry girl. Hopefully it will work out better next time.