Saturday, December 12, 2009

Still breathing...barely

My, this past week has flown by. Work has been super busy (yay for standardized testing...not!). I've been trying to get ready for the move. I couldn't book the movers for next Saturday (the original move date), because they cost twice as much on the weekends. So they are coming first thing on Monday (12/21) morning. I'm going to move as much as possible in my car and my friend's husband's truck during the weekend though, because I also have to turn the keys to my current apartment in on Monday. Thanks to Stalker, I'm out almost $400 and will be busting my ass until the last minute. But anyhoo...speaking of assholes, he and I haven't spoken since he left my place after telling me he was going out of town instead of helping me move. Yeah, he offered to move me...I didn't ask. Talking about a let-down. He tried to hug me before he left last Sunday. I told him not to touch me. Oddly, it's been easier to stop speaking to him than I thought. That's probably because he not only disappointed me as a man, but as a friend. I really just want to tell him that he is a stupid and selfish LITTLE BOY! A grown man wouldn't have handled this situation by avoidance.

Hopefully, the E-Harmony guy and I will finally meet tomorrow. We have played phone tag all week and finally actually spoke last night. It was, um...awkward. He seemed preoccupied with something else, although he is the one who called me. We shall see...

MatchMan called last night also. I didn't answer. Ex-Coworker continues to text. Don't you love how they all keep coming back?

7 comments:

♥ CG ♥ said...

Oh, yes, the merry-go-round never ends, huh? Funny how they never show up when we need real help...lol

Hope your move is a smooth one. Hugs!

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

I'm glad it was easier than expected to not talk to Stalker, as he really doesn't seem like a good situation.

As for online dating....good luck?

StudentOfLife said...

Have fun and mention your move and see if you can get more volunteers to get your stuff out!! :-) I wish I was down there! You know I'd be right there for ya! Can't you move in the Summer once? lol Love ya, girl!!

Dater at Large said...

I think the universe is gently reminding you that you're a desirable lady - and that Stalker is the one missing out - not you! Not that you necessarily want those boys, of course, but it's always nice to be wanted.

jo said...

though it means that you're out $400 and have to deal with this moving thing at the last minute, in some way it's a good thing. this way you manage to purge Stalker out faster than it may have normally been. disappointment in the character of a person usually does that.

online dating can definitely be weird. but oh well you never know what might be out there if you don't try i suppose. all the best!!

Urban Puma said...

They always come back!

http://adventuresofapuma.blogspot.com/

BeenAroundTheWorld said...

Your situation sounds all too familiar to me. When the one I want disappoints and disappears, her comes 3 more that I barely like. It's the disappointment that can be discouraging.

Take it from someone who has moved at least 3 times with help from men who I had to pay each time. It's gotta get better...you are single and attractive, but you have a lot of company. Hang in there. I'm following your blog.