Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Wrap-Up


Tuesday night Stalker sent me a text that began short little conversation.

Stalker: Would you like your gift tonight?
Me: Tomorrow would be better. I'm not well tonight. In serious pain.
Stalker: :-( need anything?
Me: Just rest and ice. Can't walk.
Stalker: Gasp! Oh no :-( Do you need a wheelchair?
Me: Possibly. Just bring the gift tomorrow evening after you get off. I will let you get the cat litter out of my trunk too!
Stalker: K. So you good for tonight?
Me: Yeah. (My gay bf) fed me. Just gonna lie down. Exhausted.
Stalker: Okie doke


Funny how he appears and wants to be helpful the day AFTER the big move, huh?

Stalker came over Wednesday evening when he got off from work, bearing one wrapped gift. He had told me last week that there would be more than one. Being the greedy little girl that I am, I asked about the others. He said there were more to come, but they would have to be house-warming gifts. He lost too much money while off gambling over the weekend, while I was moving and letting my body fall apart! Yeah, not only did he get out of manual labor, but I got less gifts due to this trip. Anyway, this is what he gave me for Christmas. Not bad, but not very personal either. One of The Queens got me two bottles of wine with which I can try this out. Too bad I still can't drink them, since Stalker has yet to replace my wine opener and/or topper! That is another expense I'll have to take on myself.

When I didn't open my gift right away, Stalker joked and said, "Aren't you going to open your engagement ring?" Haha. Funny, right? Yeah, not really. He offered to go back to his office and get the sports ice pack he left in the freezer there, so I could use it on my still aching knee. Of course, I let him do it. I also let him stop and get some food to bring back for dinner. When he returned, he was super attentive and nurturing. He wrapped my leg in the ice pack, asked me if I wanted him to get out a suitcase for my trip to see my family, and even asked me if he needed to take my car and gas it up for me. All my suitcases still had clothes in them from the move and I had filled up my car earlier that day. Funny how he is such an inconsistently available and helpful friend. I guess he is there for me whenever it fits into his schedule. I haven't heard from him again since he left. Can you imagine that?!

Teacher Man and I didn't make our lunch Wednesday. I'm not really sure what happened. I just know that he finally texted me long after I ate lunch. And no, I didn't have an early lunch; I just didn't hear from him until around 3:30 PM. I ate at 1:30 after I got my Christmas haircut. He sent me another text last night to let me know that he would be back in town Monday. He asked if he should bring over a movie and pick up some food. What is the deal? Why don't men actually ask women to go out anymore?

And the trip home. Well, it was...pleasant. That's because the drama inducing aunt decided not to come because she was still angry with her sister. Really, I'm not too sure what the deal is with them, and I try to keep it that way. All I know is Santa was incredibly nice to me this year. I must have been a good little girl. Some highlights were this and this! I also racked up some gift cards to Starbucks and Barnes and Noble. All in all, it was a good Christmas for a not so religious girl with a dysfunctional family.

9 comments:

Dater at Large said...

Men do ask women out, but those that do are a dying breed. I say hold out for a man that knows how to date! This is obviously something I'm learning and am feeling positive about since I think I just met a full grown up man.

PS - the stalker is not your friend. He's much to selfish to be given that privilege.

http://rightingthecourtship.blogspot.com

♥ CG ♥ said...

Good to hear you're getting settled. Happy holidays :-)!

StudentOfLife said...

A gun!? Lawd help us! A man who wants to come over for pizza is looking for some booty. If he wants to date you, he will take you out. ;-) Don't you watch 'Tough Love'? Sheesh! hee hee!

Love you girl and I'm glad you had a more peaceful holiday this go-around.

jo said...

now that you've gotten your christmas gift from stalker, i think you should get rid of him. merry christmas :)

The Angel and Demon Within said...

SOoooo happy that your family visit was drama free. I had worried about you.

I don't think I'd be wasting any time shaving my legs for Teacher Man. He is about as reliable as Stalker.

Where are all the real men at?

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

Welcome to the D.E.N.N.I.S. System.

Demonstrate value
Engage physically
Nurture dependence
Neglect emotionally
Inspire hope
Separate entirely

Oh, and nice gun. I want a sig saur .45, but it is still a year or two away. I hope I land in a gun friendly state.

SaneAndSingle said...

Thanks for the support everyone!

TR- A .45?? I'm scared of my .40!! I was originally supposed to get a 9mm, but there was a mix up. My aunt got the 9 instead. Remember my grandfather who passed away a couple months ago? He owned a gun shop. It was left to my mom and her sisters, so everyone got a gun!

I haven't shot mine yet. Gonna go to the range for some lessons first.

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

A few years ago I was looking at Glocks, but I didn't like the feel. I like the Sig Sauer P220 45ACP...which I think is harder to find, as "newer" ones have come out.

I don't like small guns, though I want to get a carry permit, so I'll need to find something that is concealable, but doesn't feel like a BB gun. The P220 45ACP is good for the range, carry, and defense....though I'm still going to check out some of the new SS just in case.

Have fun at the range!

Jenny DB said...

Get rid of him!!! no.more.stalker.

and that is a badass looking gun...