Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bad Tip=Bad Birthday


Brad* took me out to dinner for my birthday. We went to a lovely little restaurant, with a vibrant atmosphere and delicious food. Oh, and the drinks...YUMMY!! We laughed, joked, and sampled one another's food through dinner. It was an all around PERFECT birthday dinner. Until....

The check came. Brad* used his cell phone calculator to determine the tip. He recalculated, and said aloud, "I guess that's right." He said 15% was around $10. When I asked the amount of the check, he told me $75, and I agreed that that sounded about right. Brad* paid with a credit card, and when he wrote $5.00 on the tip line, I thought he was joking! I mean, that was LESS THAN 10%!!! Really??!! I laughed out loud and said, "Please tell me you're going to put a 1 in front of that??" He then said he believed the service could have been better. I didn't see anything wrong with the service. His suggestion was if I felt that way, I could leave some money to add to the tip. WTF??? It was my BIRTHDAY!

*Names have been changed to protect the cheapskates.

1 comment:

Rachel Evans said...

I am loving these stories! I mean, sucks for you, of course, but at least your readers can get some good entertainment out of it, right?

I'm so glad you lived to tell about them. Geez. It *is* a jungle out there.