Monday, October 20, 2008

Never said I forgave you...


So I'm sure you guys want some updates, or maybe you don't. But I'm giving them to you anyway!

KS hasn't sent anymore texts, nor has he called. Oh well...

The LD Man and I played phone tag all week last week. Our schedules are quite different, so we often have to do strategic phone calling to actually have a conversation. Friday evening he finally caught up with me. His brother is fine. His HumV (sp?) was shot all up, and the soldiers were sent to Germany for medical care. He will be there for a little while to recoup and then be sent back to Iraq. So that's good news.

LD Man was extremely apologetic for how he handled things the weekend he was supposed to visit. He admitted that he should have called me much earlier than what he did. He also said that he still wants to meet me, that he is going to try to be more available to me, and that he thinks we should waste no more time. I was calm. I never once got angry, cried, or yelled. He said all this on his own without any prompting from me. Then he said to me, "Thank you for forgiving me." I replied, "I never said I forgave you." Suddenly Mr. LD Man is much more attentive and making an effort to let me know more about him and his daily life.

8 comments:

♥ CG ♥ said...

Hey girlie, you're reading my thoughts again (scary). Whew, I could write a couple of chapters on forgiveness but I'll spare ya (this time ;). This is really interesting because I ran across an old song this past Friday, "I Forgive You" by Rachelle Farrell. I love this song and after all this time of thinking I've "released" BJ...I haven't because I didn't settle the unforgiveness in my heart. Our situation's a little different because of the history, but nonetheless, forgiveness truly releases something that hampers some not so obvious things. There's no video but here's a YouTube thingy -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGYPXB_8h8w. Let me know what ya think :).

Keeping your emotions in check probably sent up the "I need to step it a notch with S&S" flag. Which is a good thing. I don't know why guys respond better to us when we have the "I don't give an ish" attitude.

(Not that you asked but I think the oversight on his part may not be worth giving up on him this soon :))

SaneAndSingle said...

You know, a friend of mine once said that she believes the LD Man was brought into my life to teach me patience. She said this a couple months ago, and I had forgotten about it until I realized that I deal with this man in a much different way than I have other men from my past. She just may be onto something. The fact that I react to him differently either says something about him or how much I've grown.

I do believe forgiveness is the only way we can set ourselves free from past hurts. As for Rachelle Ferrell....I love her! An amazing artist. Just listened to the song again. :) Thanks Curvy....you know I value your opinion!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that things turned out this way because I thought in the beginning that he would be a good match for you. I know I've had my doubts, especially recently, but he's cleared alot up and like I said, he's probably realized through all that's happened lately in his life what's really important in life. I hope this works out for you and glad that you're staying level headed all the same.

jo said...

i so agree on that whole forgiveness thing. 'coz i realised that usually when you're harbouring unforgiveness, the other person doesn't even know it and goes on their merry way while you're the one still boiling and stewing over it.

i wonder what's gonna happen with you and LD Man, if anything...

Anonymous said...

Good riddance to KS if you ask me. That kind of game playing you don't need.

Hopefully LD man is being honest and real and not playing the old push/pull game with you. Be watchful he doesn't start blowing cold again.

Alexa F. said...

Aw, he said he was sorry. That's actually great. I understand you are upset, sounds like you were disappointed because you were really looking forward to it. Things happen all of the time that are beyond our control. Forgive and move on, it will make YOU feel better, and this is all about YOU. :-)

This Cheeky Goddess... said...

*love* the comeback!

treat 'em mean... doesn't matter if they can't handle it and it *doesn't* keen 'em keen...

at least it weeds out the weak ones

that's my thoughts anyways - that, and being honest/direct/as-blunt-as-all-hell is just too enjoyable!

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Sounds good. Let him come to you. I am frim beleiver in letting men come to and drive the relationship, so sit back and just let him talk and more importnatly DO!

I feel that I deal with TOM A completely different, even our fights are different. They never last long when we have them. I think its a little of both how you act and how they treat you, just my two cents!!

-OG