Sunday, September 6, 2009

I've been a bad, bad blogger...


Hey y'all! I apologize for the delay. I've had internet issues, and I've gone back to work in the last month. Please do forgive me! So I have a lot of catching up to do...

MatchMan is out of jail now and has been for about 3 weeks. Unfortunately, he lost his job while locked up. He has been frantically searching and has even had some interviews, but no job offers! Needless to say, he has fallen into a deep depression. Oh, what a strain on a new relationship! I'm not sure where we stand, and I can't seem to bring myself to leave either. He hasn't exactly been the nicest guy and definitely not the same guy I first met. It's all understandable. I don't think I would be Susie Sunshine if I'd been locked up and lost my means of survival.

He's told me he doesn't want to get too attached to me because he is afraid he is going to go right back to jail. Okay, so I guess I should share why he was there to begin with at this point. It has to do with child support. There's no need for specifics, but if he doesn't find another job (like yesterday!) he's going right back next month. So yeah, there is tension.

In other man news, there's a new one hanging around. During one of my and MatchMan's recent arguments a couple weeks ago, I went to a friend's apartment to visit. Conveniently, her man-neighbor was having a little gathering of other menses and throwing some meat on the grill. One of the bbq goers struck up a little conversation with my girlfriend and me. This young man (yes, young!) was quite the charmer....mmmmm good too! I had a little alcohol in my system, and I was in super-hyper-flirt gear! This young'n told me I looked like a friend of his, and he wanted to take a picture of me and send it to some guy. Being the smart lady that I am, I explained to this hot little young thang that I wasn't in picture-taking form (I looked a hot mess because I had been out running around all day!), and I would send one from my cell to his. Yeah, genius way to get the digits...

So all this guy had after that night was my first name, my cell number, and my place of employment. So how did he find me on Facebook the next day? From hence forth, he shall be called "Stalker".

And in further news, FWB has been trying to get back in the picture. I'm feeling weak! As much as I care for MatchMan, I do have needs. I know how selfish that sounded, but it is true. Right now, I'm not sexually and/or emotionally fulfilled.

3 comments:

Alexa F. said...

That's a rough situation with MatchMan. I am not sure I would stick around, not because I would be judging him for falling behind but probably because I would take it as a sign that there would be too many problems at the start of a relationship. I have been in situations like that before so once bitten, twice shy. At least you're seeing that he's not being an ideal mate right now, so if someone better comes along, you don't seem as if you will close yourself off to them. Good for you.

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

Run away from the jail guy. I wasn't his biggest fan before, but that sounds like a world of hurt. again.

jo said...

it's certainly tough what matchman has gone through and is currently going through. but i guess you also gotta look out for number one. and if you feel like maybe this isn't working out, then it's probably better to cut your losses sooner rather than later.